We are looking for someone with a passion for animal welfare, and a background and experience in fundraising, to join us as a trustee. The aim is to identify and secure sustainable funding for our five-year plan. This position is a tremendous opportunity for an enthusiastic person to contribute to promoting and developing animal welfare in our area.
What is involved in the role?
- Attend monthly trustees meetings, currently held virtually on MS Teams
- Chair a dedicated fundraising committee consisting of a mix of trustees and volunteers in consultation with Branch staff
- Take a critical look at current fundraising and create a strategic fundraising strategy with a plan for its implementation
- Oversee the development of promotional material and identify new income streams with a focus on corporate and community
- Support the Branch to achieve key income targets for sponsorships and fundraising around the newly established cattery facilities and proposed rehoming centre
Skills and Experience
- Good understanding of fundraising and income generation
- Experience of diverse income generation practices
- Sound, independent judgement and ability to think creatively
- Strong commitment to animal welfare
- Experience in the charitable or voluntary sector
- Experience of charity law and governance
The role is likely to require a minimum commitment of around two hours per week.
What we can offer
- We will provide you with a comprehensive trustee training course
- Ongoing support is also provided by local and national RSPCA staff
- The support of a friendly and highly motivated committee of trustees
How to apply
Send a letter of application and a CV explaining how your skills and experience match what we are looking for. Please include details of the types of fundraising you have been involved in, and the amounts of monies raised.
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 30th June 2021