- To welcome new volunteers to the branch and to explain voluntary opportunities that exist.
- To keep an up to date list of volunteering opportunities within the branch.
- To arrange the recruitment and placement of volunteers and as far as possible to match what volunteers would like to do to help the branch with the need for volunteer help.
- To keep and maintain a register of volunteers, complete all required paperwork and maintain up to date records.
- To liaise with shop managers and the animal welfare team, to arrange induction and training for volunteers covering the work that the volunteer will be undertaking on behalf of the branch, keeping up to date records to ensure that everyone has completed what they need to.
- To stay in regular contact with volunteers, to ensure that volunteers feel included and an important part of the effort, to keep morale and motivation high, thereby increasing volunteer retention.
- To liaise regularly with volunteers and give feedback on achievements, for instance, number of animals homed and amounts of money raised.
- To be the main point of contact for all volunteers, dealing with queries that arise, either in person or via email.
- To arrange induction and training for volunteers covering the work that the volunteer will be undertaking on behalf of the branch, keeping up to date records to ensure that everyone has completed what they need to.
- To identify and develop new ways in which volunteers can help.
- To attend appropriate training as and when necessary.
- Ability to use excel and outlook.
- Experience with volunteering, either as a volunteer or coordinating volunteers.
We are looking for a minimum commitment of one day per week, which can be spread across the week if preferred. Much of the work will be able to be done from home, although some training and induction will need to be done on site. Ability to travel to our shops where our volunteers are based (Watford, Rickmansworth, Kenton, Pinner, Eastcote, Ruislip and Ruislip Manor) would be useful.
Please download the application form
Completed application forms can be returned to us at email@example.com