Leaving a gift in your will

For most of us, our will is one way of looking after those we care about, a way of still caring for our loved ones once we have gone.

After you have made provision for your family and friends, a gift to the RSPCA Middlesex North West and South Hertfordshire Branch - however small - monetary, land or property, would help animals who do not have a family to look out for them. They who rely on people they do not know – people like you – to care about them.  By leaving a gift in your will, you are ensuring that we will always be here for animals in need, for years to come.

Why should I make a will?

Having an up-to-date will is the only way to make sure that your family and friends, and any charities you care about, are provided for in the way you wish.  We are offering our supporters a free online will writing service through Kwil and reduced price solicitor-provided will writing service with The Goodwill Partnership

What basic information do I need to include when I’m leaving a gift in my will to the Branch?

The most important information to include is our name, our address and most importantly, our registered charity number:

RSPCA Middlesex North West and South Hertfordshire Branch, 114 Field End Road, Eastcote, Middlesex, HA5 1RL

Charity number: 208331

By making your bequest to the Branch you know that animals in your area are going to benefit from your gift as the money will be spent locally.

Any Questions?

If you have any questions, please feel free to call in confidence, on 020 8966 9688 or email info@rspcamiddlesex.org.uk

You might also find the answers to our most frequently asked questions useful:

Do I need a solicitor?

Officially no, but it’s probably best to. ‘Do it yourself’ wills can cause problems if details are left out or wording is not correct. It is particularly important to make sure that your will is witnessed correctly.

Are there different ways I can leave a gift?

Yes. There are three main types of gift:

1 – Residuary gift: The whole or a percentage of your estate after providing for loved ones and covering administrative expenses.

2 – Pecuniary gift: A fixed sum of money

3 – Specific gift: A specific item of value, such as an item of property, a piece of jewellery or a painting.

What if my circumstances change?

A good solicitor will make sure your will is worded to take account of any changes in your circumstances – such as a birth, marriage, or a change in your finances.

What if I want to amend an existing will?

Your solicitor can help you to add a form called a codicil to your existing will.