We are pleased to let you know that Defra has given approval for us to rehome animals in England!
The RSPCA has developed a process in line with Defra guidance and there are a few restrictions and temporary process in place for everyone’s safety!
- All of the rehoming process will be done virtually via phone, email or video call
- At this time we will be unable to proceed with applications from anyone who has been identified as vulnerable or is shielding.
- Adoptions will take place by appointment only in a secure way with one of our staff members.
Find out more about how this will work:
Our rehoming process
- Complete the Perfect Match application form and email this back to us along with photos or a video of your home, animals accommodation and garden if applicable.
- You will receive an email or phone call from us and the application process will be completed via phone and email.
- Adoptions will take place at a single site with a member of staff.
- You will receive ongoing support from the branch following adoption and a post adoption home visit will be carried out when current restrictions have been lifted.
The health and safety of our staff and volunteers is of utmost importance to us. Unfortunately we can't adopt animals to homes where a member of the household is showing symptoms of or has a confirmed case of Covid-19.