We are pleased to let you know that Defra has given approval for us to rehome animals in England!
The RSPCA has developed a process in line with Defra guidance and there are a few restrictions and temporary process in place for everyone’s safety!
- All of the rehoming process will be done virtually via phone, email or video call
- Adopters must live within one hours drive of the branch
- A this time we will be unable to proceed with applications from anyone who has been identified as vulnerable or is shielding.
- Animals will be safely delivered to their new homes in a secure way by our staff or volunteers.
Find out more about how this will work: https://bit.ly/3cvX7AH
Our rehoming process
- Complete the attached application form and email this back to us.
- You will receive an email or phone call from us and the application process will be completed via phone and email. You will be asked to provide photos or video of your home, animals accommodation and garden if applicable.
- The animal will be brought safely to your home by experienced RSPCA staff or volunteers.
- You will receive ongoing support from the rehoming centre following adoption and a post adoption home visit will be carried out when current movement and other restrictions have been lifted.
The health and safety of our staff and volunteers is of utmost importance to us. Unfortunately we can't adopt animals to homes where a member of the household is showing symptoms of or has a confirmed case of Covid-19.